Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homemade BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Homemade BBQ Beef Sandwiches
{I love love LOVE the crock pot. So I'm always trying to find recipes to use it. This one is great any time of year.}

1 1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Chili Powder (add more, if desired)
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine sauce ingredients. Set aside.

Take a 2-3 lb chuck roast and brown it on all sides. (This is actually the first time I've followed that step and it did turn out to be the softest, shreddiest ;) meat I've done in the crock pot, so I think it actually did probably help. Contrary to my previous beliefs that the step was just a time waster.)

Put the roast in a crock pot and dump all the sauce on top. 

Add half a can petite (important when you have picky boys and husband) diced tomatoes. (I added a whole for this one and Seth said it was way too tomatoey. While I still liked it, the sauce definitely didn't shine like normal, so I'll stick with half. Or I guess you could also not add it at all, but it all may get too dry in the crock pot without the extra juice the tomatoes provide.)

Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours, preferably 8. 

Enjoy!

This meat freezes perfectly. And this recipe makes enough for our family for 2 meals. So we'll eat it for one night and then put the rest in a freezer bag to be eaten later on. Just in case you didn't know the definition of 'freezer meal' ;)


My entry to  the appliances online  crafty creations competition. You can enter too at Lil’luna!

No comments:

Post a Comment