Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos

 I found this recipe here

These were pretty tasty. The older boys ate more than I did, so that's saying something. Her recipe seemed like it'd make a ton and since I hadn't tried them yet, I cut it in half and that made about 14 still. She does mention that they work as freezer meals, so you could use her quantities and stick a bunch in the freezer for meals later on.

Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos

Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese, softened (I used Neufchatel cheese)
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (my new favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven!)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 (1 oz) packet dry Ranch Dressing mix (here is a recipe for a homemade Ranch Dressing mix)
1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded (I used more, probably like 1 and 1/2 cups)
3-4 Tablespoons green onion, chopped (I didn't use these)
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas (the quantity just depends on how full you fill them)
Salt
Non-stick cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.

Mix together cream cheese, chicken, bacon, cheese, and green onions. Add in about 1/3 of the dry Ranch dressing mix and taste- add more if you want more of a Ranch taste. (It's hard to know how much you're adding in, but I think I did about 1/3 and it didn't have too much of a ranch taste, so I'm not sure how necessary it is, unless you want to add more and have a big ranch taste. Next time I make them I'll probably leave this out completely and see if anyone misses it.) Mix well. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into a flour tortilla and roll it up.

Place taquito seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat about 12 times (I had to use two baking sheets). Once finished, spray the tops of the taquitos with non-stick cooking spray (or you could lightly brush some olive oil on them) and sprinkle with salt (I used Kosher salt, the bigger granules and really liked it for this).

Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until edges and tops are golden, mine started getting golden more around 10).

2 comments:

  1. these sounds amazing!! I am going to make them for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we bought taquitos once from costco and I ate like 8 a day!! I banned myself from them...but if I make them...then it would be less expensive and healthier! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete