Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Banana Pancakes


I found this recipe in an old kids cookbook, that we actually had growing up, that mom gave to the boys. I'm not the hugest fan of bananas, but I really enjoy these and all my boys LOVE them. They are super moist (mashed up bananas will obviously do that) and taste extra yummy with syrup. But they're also a great one for younger babies cause they aren't too dry so they don't need syrup. I just give them whole to Brock and he gobbles up just as many as the other boys.

Banana Pancakes
2 medium bananas (perfect to use up the ones that are going brown, but most recently I used green-ish ones and they were just fine)
2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick, or I'm pretty sure there are recipes on how to make your own Bisquick out there, if I ever try one out, I'll let you know)
1 1/2 cups milk
2 Tbls. sugar
1 egg

Mash bananas in small bowl.
Beat the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Fold in the mashed banana into batter with rubber scraper.
Pour batter into hot griddle and cook like you all know how. ;)

Enjoy this quick, easy and NOT sugar-filled breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment