Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Fitness Pal

Today my friend showed me this app called My Fitness Pal.  I haven't explored all that's possible, but at the very beginning you enter in your age, height, weight, how often you exercise, etc.  and then you can state your goal weight, and it gives you a target number of calories to eat each day!  Then you can enter in everything you ate that day and it subtracts it from the number of calories you should eat... 

What's awesome, too, it that it tells you how much of your daily value of certain nutrients you've eaten so far!! So you know to try and eat less saturated fat, and more iron... (or maybe that's just me, haha) 

It also can keep track of your waist size, hip size, and even neck size if you care to measure those. :) 

Anyway, I downloaded the app and started entering in info, for example, this morning I ate an omelet for breakfast... so I started typing in: 1 large egg, shredded cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato... and it got super tedious.  So I was fairly disillusioned with it.  BUT THEN I figured out you can type in a whole recipe!  I still had to type everything in, but now it's saved and so next time I eat an omelet I just have to find it on m recipe list.  (Super convenient if you eat a lot of the same foods—like me)  

you can download the free app on your phone... or iPad, or you can use the website: www.myfitnesspal.com.  

supposedly it's a good reminder to be healthy if you keep a food diary... but I've never been successful at that. Plus then you have to find all this info on your own for it to even mean anything.  Hopefully this app will make that a lot more convenient!  It's at least worth a try since it's free, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Neck size? I'll get right on that. :)
    Sounds way cool. I'll have to pass it along to Seth too. ;)

    ReplyDelete