Wednesday, April 18, 2012

hello Chinese girl...

I need to start this out by reminding us all of that one time the little boy walked up to Bone and said, "Helloooo Chinese girl!" hahaha...

The other night I made baked sweet and sour chicken.  http://pinterest.com/pin/160370436701021095/  You can re-pin it here if you'd like. 

I thought it was fairly easy and really YUMMY!  Loo, I bet you could try this with tofu too..I think it would be delish! 

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe:
(Recipe from Life as a Lofthouse)

Chicken:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil (I just used veggie oil.)

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs. Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.

Curtiss and I both loved it and we will be making it again for sure!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I actually just remembered it's Orange chicken that Seth doesn't like and he actually will eat Sweet and Sour Chicken. Yay! I'll be making this tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete